• Select a School


Students will be considered as being home schooled if the parent has filed a signed Intent to Homeschool Form. The statement shall include the name and age of the student and shall specify whether a certificated person will be supervising the instruction. Such statement must be filed annually by September 15 or within two weeks of the beginning of any quarter, trimester or semester, with the Student Placement Officer.

The parent should also contact their child(ren)'s public school to let them know that they are withdrawing to homeschool. This, along with the intent form, notifies both the school and the district that the student is no longer enrolled. By contacting the school itself, parents will alleviate future correspondence, potential legal papers, and calls regarding attendance once the student has withdrawn.

Students in home-based instruction may enroll in district schools as part-time students and receive ancillary services on a space available basis, provided the student is otherwise eligible for full-time enrollment in the district. Requests for part-time enrollment or ancillary services shall be directed to the principal of the school serving the attendance area in which the student resides.

Students requesting to enroll as full-time students in the district from home-based instruction will contact the student placement office so that an appropriate school can be identified. Tentative placement will be determined after consultation with the parent. Actual course level placement will be made by the enrolling school with input from the student placement officer. Inability to meet course expectations at that level may result in the student being placed on a different level. Credits for courses completed in the home-based instruction program may also be conditional upon successful completion of subsequent sequential course work.

The Intent to Home School form must be filed with Edmonds Heights K-12 when initiating home schooling, and annually thereafter. Intent to Home-School Forms may be obtained from Edmonds Heights K-12 at 425-431-7840. Please mail completed forms to:
Edmonds Heights K-12
23200 100th Ave. W.
Edmonds, WA 98020
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.
  • Login
  • divViewSubPages divViewSubPages